TNT Enhanced Liability covers the full value of your shipment against all risks
At TNT, our business is to ensure that your shipment, whether it’s a pallet, parcel or document, arrives on time and in perfect condition, every time. We take this responsibility seriously. Even though we always take the utmost care with your shipment, circumstances beyond our control can occasionally affect the deliveries. That’s why TNT Enhanced Liability ensures you get the full value of your shipment back in the case of loss or damage.
When you choose TNT Enhanced Liability you get:
- Your shipment insured against all risks, regardless of TNT’s liability. [see information about exclusions below]
- Compensation up to the full value of your shipment in case of loss or damage.
- Coverage for almost all types of goods and documents available across more than 200 countries and locations worldwide.
Understanding the difference between the coverage you receive with TNT Enhanced Liability and our Standard Liability is easiest by way of example.
TNT carries a shipment of computer appliances, weighing 10 kilograms, from Frankfurt to Milan by road. Unfortunately, the truck has an accident along the way, and the shipment is totally damaged. The customer files a claim for €5000 (the actual value of the goods).
|Transported Goods||Standard Liability||TNT Enhanced Liability|
Weight = 10 kilograms
Value = v5000
|Following international conventions for travel by road, the compensation on Standard Liability is approximately €10/kilogram
Compensation = €100
|Customer purchased TNT Enhanced Liability valued at €5000.
Insuring your shipment is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Pack your shipment carefully to protect the contents during transport
- Provide a complete and accurate delivery address.
- Describe the content of your shipment so we can advise whether special handling is required.
- For high risk goods or shipments valued above €25,000, contact TNT for advice.
- To insure your regular volume of shipments automatically, please contact your TNT representative for a competitive offer.
- Please check your local TNT website to ensure that your goods sent to specific locations can be covered.
If you choose not to insure your goods
The actual value of your shipment may be worth thousands of euros, however standard liability in the event of loss or damage only covers about €10/kg by road or €20/kg by air. When you purchase TNT Enhanced Liability, the full value of your goods is covered.
Filing a claim
You can find the procedure for making a claim in Clause 17 of our Terms & Conditions. In the unlikely event your shipment is lost or damaged, please notify us in writing within 21 calendar days after the shipment was delivered or should have been delivered.
Some goods have a higher than normal risk of theft or damage, and are subject to approval prior to being insured. Contact your local TNT office to check whether it is possible to insure any of the following high risk goods:
- Hazardous goods
- Bulk goods
- Livestock, bloodstock and living creatures
- Precious metals or stones, jewellery and watches
- Antiques and objects of art
- Documents, money or valuable paper
- Breakables, such as glass, bottles, etc.
- Architectural models and prototypes
- Tobacco, cigarettes and spirits
- Firearms, weapons and ammunition
- Perishable goods carried in a cargo space controlled by mechanical equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Charity goods or humanitarian aid
- Furs and fur garments
- Laptop computers
- Plasma and LCD screens
TNT Enhanced Liability does not currently cover deliveries to the following destination countries*:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Republic of Congo
- Cote d’Ivoire
- North Korea
* This is subject to change.
If you wish to send a shipment to one of these countries please contact your local TNT office.
TNT Enhanced Liability does not cover some costs or events, such as:
- Consequential costs (costs that arise as an indirect result of the incident)
- Customer’s or third parties’ omission, such as breach of customer’s obligations as defined in TNT’s Terms and Conditions, (for example, inadequate packaging or incorrect instructions)
- Shipment contents consisting of any prohibited items, even though TNT may have accepted the shipment