Characteristics & Challenges
In the computing sector represents a very challenging and competitive market. TNT has been a key supplier to the top players for many years and has made several investments over recent years to support direct distribution models for them out of Asia and North America.
- Our new Integrated Direct Express (IDE) centre: a cross-dock facility in the Netherlands with ULD off-loading equipment, allowing a seamless break down of incoming airline pallets and injection into TNT's road and air networks.
- Integrated sea and air solutions that can be consolidated in our IDE centre for final delivery, optimising end customer satisfaction.
With these investments we have created an end-to-end TNT-owned distribution model, ensuring our customers get their products rapidly and securely to market, while closing down local warehouses to save costs.
As product life cycles become shorter and product prices continue to drop, TNT's strategy is to ensure customers can distribute products as directly as possible and eliminate inefficiencies in their supply chain. Recent solutions include:
- Similar to our IDE service into Europe, solutions have been set up with final distribution into Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
- With Russia having become the number one market in Europe for many customers, TNT has set up a direct connection to Moscow from Shanghai.
- In addition to Rotterdam, direct sea freight connections have been established from Shanghai into Italy, with seamless final distribution solution after arrival at the port.
Once products have been sold, TNT has two value propositions to meet the challenge of aftermarket logistics: Returns Express and Time Critical Aftermarket. Returns Express is a unique solution designed to help customers to improve their reverse supply chains, and Time Critical Aftermarket is our worldwide solution for computing sector customers who need to manage their time critical spare parts close to the point-of-need.
Click on the links below to find out more about the solutions we have designed and developed for the computing sector in a wide range of areas:
Integrated Direct Express, creating a leaner and more responsive supply chain by consolidating multiple orders into one unit for shipment and single customs clearance into your target country. (view PDF)