Export controls and sanctions
How to comply with sanctions and export regulations
Denied party lists are part of international sanctions regimes and export control requirements. TNT does not accept consignments to or from individuals and entities listed as a denied party.
- EU Denied Parties list
- US OFAC Designated Parties list
- US OFAC Sectoral Sanctions Identifications list
- US Bureau of Industry and Security Entity list
Strategic items are military or dual-use items, which may be used for both civil or military purposes. TNT does not classify any strategic items, this is the responsibility of the exporter. Our service capabilities vary per location but always require clear information on any appllicable licences. Please contact local customer service for more information.
- EU Dual-use controls
- US Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security
- US Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
To adhere to international sanctions, TNT has suspended certain services or implemented additional requirements for shipping. Below is an overview by country of each sanction programme affecting TNT’s service.
As of the 1st of April 2016, TNT does no longer service Iran. TNT does not service any Iranian Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.
The EU and the US have implemented sanctions against Russia. In order to optimally service Russia in a compliant manner TNT applies the following measures:
- No military goods are accepted for export to/from Russia
- No dual-use goods are accepted for export to military end-use(rs) in Russia
- Goods on the list with Oil & Gas related equipment require a license to be accepted for export to Russia. Click to view document.
TNT does not service Syria. TNT does not service any Syrian Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.
TNT does not service North Korea. TNT does not service any North Korean Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.
As of the 1st of February 2016, TNT does no longer service Cuba. TNT does not service any Cuban Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.
As of the 1st of April 2016, TNT does no longer service Sudan. TNT does not service any Sudanese Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.
Service to/from Canada suspended until further notice.
As of the 1st of April 2016, TNT does no longer service the Crimea Region.