Flight Agent I
Job Posting 4830
Job Summary: To provide timely customs clearance of international inbound consignments in an expeditious manner, while ensuring compliance with US Customs and all other government agency regulations.
Status/Shift: Casual (8:00-11:00)
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain customer satisfaction by expeditiously processing the customs clearance of import shipments
- Establish and maintain good communication and problem resolution relationships with Air Carrier personnel, US Customs Express Consignment staff, TNT International origin personnel, external customers, Department Supervisor, Entry Clerks, and Hub Customer Service Representatives. This position impacts the clearance of thousands of TNT consignments per day.
- Rate, classify, filter, process and submit electronic flight manifest entries to US Customs for clearance of customer shipments.
- Maximize the number of shipments submitted for flight manifest clearance through the review of imaged clearance documents and US Customs regulations knowledge.
- Ensure air AMS submissions are entered prior to Customs timeframes to avoid substantial fines & penalties.
- Monitor airline nominations through air AMS program to ensure the transfer of goods is authorized by US Customs. Troubleshoot and correct nomination issues with the airlines and TNT origin locations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manifest discrepancy issues with airlines and TNT origin locations.
- Maintain a strong communication between Brokerage, FCC and the warehouse on the clearance status of all inbound flights.
- Transmit cover sheet and CF 3461 along with each electronic flight manifest entry to US Customs.
- Research each flight manifest entry, for Customs clearances and holds, update systems accordingly and notify the warehouse.
- Communicate issues impacting clearance immediately to IT, origins and carriers for resolution. When service is impacted, notify FCC immediately of all details in order to open an OCC Incident report to communicate the impact to all relevant parties. Communicate potential risks and fines to Management immediately.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Possess good spoken and written English, good communication skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Preferred Minimum (1) year experience in the customs brokerage industry
- Preferred Familiarity with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the USA
- Preferred Knowledge of ABI, and Air AMS applications