Job Posting 4833 and 4748
To supervise all aspects of brokerage in order to secure the quickest possible release of consignments in support of service quality while ensuring full compliance to Customs Regulations and support the directives of the department Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure compliance with all Customs as well as other Governmental Agencies’ policies and procedures.
- Supervise department employees, including coaching and developing.
- Ensure consolidated manifest is filtered correctly to include reviewing, classifying, and assigning entry types.
- Review and audit all types of Customs entries and sign for submission to Customs.
- Produce reports and provide analysis of related data.
- Support in maintaining and controlling the filing of protest, SIL's and any Post entry requirements. Ensure all customs request such as 28 & 29 are fully responded to accurately and timely.
- File and follow up with any petitions for relief that may arise from Customs.
- Handle other Brokerage Department related functions as required.
- Follow TNT Policies and Procedures.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety policy, information, instruction and training provided along with enduring staff adheres to Health and Safety policy.
- Valid Brokers License preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs documentation and regulations
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations of the other government agencies (ie: FDA, USDA, DOT, FCC, etc.)
- The ability to respectfully integrate and communicate with U.S. Customs officials.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- The ability to complete assignments in a timely and orderly manner.
- Good leadership qualities.
- To be able to effectively communicate ideas and departmental goals to employees.
- The ability to work in a fast pace and a continuous changing working environment.
TNT USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all relevant laws. TNT USA Inc. conducts all personnel activities without regard to color, religion, sex, age or national origin. In addition, no barriers exist to the employment of individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam Era, and other covered veterans. The relationship between TNT USA Inc. and any applicant who is hired is one of voluntary employment at will.