Special Services Agent
Job Posting 4730
Job Summary: To develop a strategy for the profitable development of Special Services business within TNT Express and to assist the Business Units with the successful implementation of the strategy
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive requests and generate quotations for Special Service shipments.
- Coordinate delivery of Special Service shipments.
- Initiate collections of Special Services shipments.
- Monitor Special Services shipments as needed.
- Compile and submit all documentation for data entry, up lift and invoicing purposes.
- Act as support to various functions within the department.
- Participate in after hour’s coverage for the department, as needed.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls to the Special Services Department.
- Develop new business for the division.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety policy, information, instruction and training provided.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess business telephone etiquette.
- Must be a problem solver with a “think-outside-the-box” approach.
- Must be able to work in an exciting and fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge of worldwide geography.
- Must be computer literate and have an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Solid background in air freight forwarding preferred for this role.
- Previous experience with domestic transport systems and sea freight liked.
- Previous experience in handling Dangerous Goods preferred.
- IATA DG certification preferred.