Job Posting 4482
Job Summary:To maintain and develop new business within a geographically defined territory as part of an effective sales team. Working as a team with an Indoor Sales Executive to create a strong relationship through regular contact with all customers. To generate new business by selling to existing and prospect customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and implement territory sales plans designed to maximize revenue and trading account growth within the sales territory.
- Consistently grow the revenue and achieve the territory targets.
- Maximize all revenue opportunities from existing customers by ensuring they are aware of the full TNT range of products, services and technology.
- Maximize cross selling and up selling opportunities with existing customers through effective and efficient journey planning, call management and customer fact-finding.
- Maximize new business generation through effective and efficient follow up of all relevant prospects and sales leads, routing orders and cross-border sales leads.
- Generate new prospective leads for the database using cold calls and customer recommendations.
- Achieve territory key performance indicators relating to revenue generation and number of trading accounts through proactively selling all Special Services products.
- Ensure that an effective working relationship and communication pattern is in place with the indoor partner for the territory.
- Ensure that TNT’s full terms and conditions of trade are presented, understood and complied with by all customers.
- Communicate regularly with core sales, customer services, invoicing and sales administration functions to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety policy, information, instruction and training provided.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
- Possess excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of TNT’s products and services, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of surrounding business markets and area preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to travel within a given city or region to conduct sales visits.
- Ability to compose routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to work independent of supervision.
- Must be familiar with the New York City Metro Area.