Brokerage Customer Service
Job Posting 4807
Job Summary: Perform all administrative duties necessary to support the brokerage entry writers. Ensure a smooth and timely data flow and assist customer service and origin stations with shipment processing inquiries.
Status/Shift: Full-time (8:00 – 16:30)
Essential Job Functions:
- Update working files with latest status on a daily basis and whenever status changes during the day.
- Contact client via telecon to obtain necessary info for customs or other government agency clearance.
- Fax required info or required document to client for them to complete and return via fax.
- Log in releases received from outside brokers and make copies of release to be filled with in-house files.
- Answer incoming phone calls and e-mails. Respond with required data or contact necessary individuals for referral.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety policy, information, instruction and training provided.
- Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of Lotus Notes and TAO
- Possess good verbal, written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player and be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess knowledge of the air transportation system