Entry Writer I
Job Posting 4676
Job Summary: Review shipping documentation such as HAWBS and invoices in order to prepare and submit entries to U.S. Customs for release of shipments.
Status: Full Time
Essential Job Functions:
- Download flights from Quantum to filtration system.
- Review flight manifests to determine type of entries to be filled.
- Prepares Consolidated Manifest Entry for release by US Customs.
- Reviews shipping documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Classify invoices according to US Harmonized Tariff schedule.
- Transmit shipment information to US Customs through ABI System.
- Updates system with electronic data received from Customs.
- Prepares Entry Summary for duty payment to Customs.
- Audits and signs entries when filing to US Customs.
- Overseeing and making sure entry writers and customer service task are completed on a daily basis. Pulls documents for hold shipments.
- Monitoring of FDA’s.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety policy, information, instruction and training provided.
- Familiar with Quantum and Local Ops Systems
- Familiar with TAO system
- Familiar with track and trace system
- Possess knowledge of customs regulations
- Understanding of ABI customs link program
- Experience in other government agency requirements, (USDA, FDA, F&L, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of different types of entries and documentation required.
- Familiar with electronic messages interchanged with Customs
- Ability to type 25 wpm, and MS word and Excel skills
- Possess strong oral and written communications skills
- Possess good time management skills
- Must be a team player and possess leadership skills
- Possess strong customer service and problem solving skills
Please submit resume, job posting number and salary expectation (required for consideration) via e-mail to: HRResumes.USA@tnt.com
TNT USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all relevant laws. TNT USA Inc. conducts all personnel activities without regard to color, religion, sex, age or national origin. In addition, no barriers exist to the employment of individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam Era, and other covered veterans. The relationship between TNT USA Inc. and any applicant who is hired is one of voluntary employment at will.