Examples of customer information that we collect include names, information on your shipment, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Some of the information collected by TNT is data which relates to an identifiable person ("Personal Information").
You may use this website without providing TNT with your Personal Information; however the provision of certain services requires you to provide TNT with certain personal information. We may collect the above Personal Information via this website, e-mail, fax and/or personal contact.
We will/may collect some or all of Customers’ personal information listed below in the course of business with them:
[General Personal Information]
‣ Business: goods delivery, pack service, bill issue, payment (shipment, warehouse storage fee, etc.), import and export shipment custom declaration, provision of packing materials, etc.
‣ Customer registration
‣ With respect to establishment and maintenance of business transaction for service provision, check customer’s default information with credit assessment companies or credit information concentration institution
‣ Marketing and promotion: provision of service related information and Company’s news via telephone, SMS and e-mails, provision of the benefit (invitation, tickets) of the events which are organized or sponsored by the Company, etc.
‣ Settlement of disputes: handling of customers’ claims, Q&A, dispute resolution
‣ Facility security and prevention of unauthorized access
‣ (In case of a business customer) business registration number, representative name, contact person name (Korean, English), company address, postcode, email address
‣ (In case of individual customer) Name (Korean, English), company name, telephone number (office, home, mobile), fax number (office, home), address (city, state/province, country), postcode, bank account number, credit card information (card company, card type, card number, expiry date), ID, nickname, TNT account number
‣ (for purpose of sponsorship marketing) Region, title category, job title, customer's area of responsibility, customer's level of influence over shipping, company address, guest, guest type, business / personal identification of each guest, guest e-mail address, insurance information for the event if needed
‣ (In case of claims) information of sender/shipper, recipient/consignee and applicant (name, contact, address, company, address, state, country, postcode), phone number, fax number, e-mail address, tracking or freight bill number, details of claims (information related to sending, damage, claim amounts)
Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, which do not provide an adequate level of protection, in order to perform our services. In addition, if you put your Personal Information on publicly available parts of the website, this may be accessed by persons in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may not offer an adequate level of protection.
TNT may need to transfer your information to local or national (foreign) governments, in order to comply with the applicable law or in order to expedite the delivery of your package to its destination.
[General Personal Information]
<General Delegation of the Processing of Personal Information>
Descriptions of Delegated Services
<Delegation for Marketing Purpose>
You may make the following requests as an information principal: (i) access to your Personal Information, (ii) correction or deletion of your Personal Information, or (iii) suspension of processing of your Personal Information.
When requested as above, TNT will check whether the requesting party is the information principal or an authorized representative. TNT may reject such request if there exists a justifiable reason for rejection under applicable laws or a reason equivalent thereto
You can find out which of your Personal Information is held by TNT by contacting your local TNT office. We will acknowledge your request within 4 weeks. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information we will give reasons for any such refusal. To keep your Personal Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as about any incorrect information. We will update or correct Personal Information in our possession.
We consider your browser settings to reflect your consent to, or refusal of, the cookies we use on our website. If you prefer not to accept cookies or if you prefer to be warned when one is being used, you can update the settings of your Internet browser. If you or your site administrator have cookies disabled, the website will continue to work; however, no parts of the website (inclusive of shipping tools, tracking and tracing of packages) will not work if cookies are disabled.
More information about the way Google processes your information is available at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
If you wish to disable Google Analytics on your browser please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you subscribe to our e-mail alerts, we collect your e-mail address. This address will only be used for keeping you informed as indicated. If you wish to unsubscribe from our e-mail alert list, you can do so at any moment as indicated in every e-mail you receive or by contacting us through email@example.com.
Effective date: November 17, 2017
Notice date: October 26, 2017