Same Day Documentation

Supplier requirements

Insurance Documentation


Motor insurance policy and proposal document to cover a minimum of third party motor insurance including a limit of indemnity in respect of loss or damage to property of at least £1,000,000 (one million pounds). (Policy and proposal documents must be classified as COURIER or Courier as their Business (Policy Schedule).

Goods in transit insurance:

Cover £15.00 per kilo up to a maximum of 1000 kilos per consignment with a minimum of £10.00. Vehicles with a payload of under 1000 kilos need only be insured up to a maximum payload of the vehicle. Policy and proposal documents must be classified as COURIER or Courier as their Business (Policy Schedule).

Public Liability Insurance:

Aa minimum of £1,000,000. Please note public liability will normally be included on the goods in transit policy. Please check. If it does not show on the GIT policy, a separate policy document is to be obtained. Policy and proposal must be classified as COURIER or Courier as their Business (Policy Schedule).

Employer's Liability (if applicable):

Required if they employ any driver.

Other Documentation

You must be registered with the Inland Revenue as Self employed for tax purposes. Please obtain a Tax registration form CWF1, available from your local tax office when you register for income tax (not VAT). Must be within 3 years to fulfill Audit Purposes.

VAT Registration - You can now be registered for VAT from day one of starting yoru business, please look into the possible advantages of registration

Criminal Records Check - The receipt of a satisfactory criminal records check within 4 weeks from your date of commencement - access is available online for England & Wales; Scotland and Northern Ireland:

Following your online application, you must provide a receipt from the appropriate organisation to confirm you have requested a report within 48 hours of your date of commencement.

Letter headed Invoice - Showing VAT registration number (if applicable) and office, home, mobile telephone numbers and any other contact numbers applicable.

Uniform - You will be required to wear TNT uniform, this will be ordered bt the Same Day location you register with.

Evidence of Entitlement to Work in the UK - Under the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 you are required to provide evidence of your entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. National Insurance card, Passport, Work Permit, Letter o Naturalisation as a British Citizen).

Mobile Telephone - There are many deals available and we would recommend a contract that had free minutes at peak times.

References - Past 5 years working

Utility Bill or Bank Statement - for suppiled home address